Would you like to learn more about how to get a garden growing at your school? Learn from successful local projects? We can help you grow a new small (or larger) garden or improve your existing school garden!
JOin us for a School Garden Planning Session!
School Gardens can help grow more than just food:
- School gardens support student inquiry, and connection to the natural world
- Provide hands-on experiential learning opportunities
- Encourage outdoor physical recreation
- Children who are familiar with growing their own food tend to eat more fruits and vegetables
- Increased self-understanding, interpersonal and cooperative skills
- Garden based teaching addresses different learning styles